Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Music Monday- One Glorious Day!

Hello Friends! Thank you for stopping by. I do know it's not Monday but with all our Memorial day activities I didn't get a chance to post yesterday. Anyway, today I have a musical treat for you. One of my favorite hymns! Also, a video showcasing a modern version of the same hymn. Hope you all enjoy!

One Day!
by JWilber Chapman & Charles H Marsh

One day when heaven was filled with His praises,
One day when sin was as black as could be,
Jesus came forth to be born of a virgin—
Dwelt among men, my example is He!

Chorus:
Living, He loved me; dying, He saved me;
Buried, He carried my sins far away;
Rising, He justified freely forever:
One day He's coming—O glorious day!

One day they led Him up Calvary's mountain,
One day they nailed Him to die on the tree;
Suffering anguish, despised and rejected;
Bearing our sins, my Redeemer is He.

One day they left Him alone in the garden,
One day He rested, from suffering free;
Angels came down o'er His tomb to keep vigil;
Hope of the hopeless, my Savior is He.

One day the grave could conceal Him no longer,
One day the stone rolled away from the door;
Then He arose, over death He had conquered;
Now is ascended, my Lord evermore.

One day the trumpet will sound for His coming,
One day the skies with His glory will shine;
Wonderful day, my beloved ones bringing;
Glorious Savior, this Jesus is mine!

Here is the Casting Crowns version of this beautiful hymn:

Just a quick note about the music videos I post. They are all from searches on You Tube. I do not make any of them.

Hope you all have a beautifully blessed day!
J@

3 comments:

Chris said...

very pretty, tfs!

Sara Paschal said...

I love this song one of my faves as well;) Living He Loved Me, Dying he saved me;) LOVE IT!

Thought about your family yesterday and the service you have given my family. We are truly blessed by you. And I thank you from all of us;)

Amy said...

Great lyrics! I haven't watched the video yet...TFS!