Monday, December 5, 2011

Seeds of Good Deeds

A shoot will come up from the stump of Jesse; from his roots a Branch will bear fruit. The Spirit of the LORD will rest on him…” Isaiah 11: 1-2
This year we started Advent with our traditional Jesse Tree readings. Then I came across this post HERE. After poking around The Holy Experience blog I discovered a FREE (gotta love that) Jesse Tree devotional. One of my favorite parts about the devotional is the "unwrappings" at the end of each day. It's a simple activity that can be done by all ages.
Today I wanted to share with you one that is sure to become a Jafa House tradition....planting seeds of kindness (you can read more about it in the above link). I just love the idea of planting seeds of kindness as one more way to teach the children about the love of our Saviour Jesus Christ. It gives us all a way to show that love to others.
It's simple really, you plant a seed for every act of kindness you do through out the advent season. On Christmas Eve you cut the grass that has grown from your acts of love and use it in a nativity manger.

As I was flipping through the photos I took of our Seeds of Good Deeds I noticed one of the kids had drawn a happy face in the seeds! I just made me smile!

I hope for you this season is filled with the love of our Lord!
God Bless!
J@


3 comments:

Amy said...

Great link! What a beautiful tradition to start with your children.

Chris said...

what a super fabulous tradition for your little family!! and i love the smiley face, here they are drawn in the dust...lol

Susan Farrell-Jones said...

Wha a wonderful idea! TFS!