Friday, December 9, 2011

Today, I'm just hanging around the house trying to get some stuff done. Right now I have laundry going and Chex Mix in the oven...mmmmm. I just finished a batch of Muddy Buddies. I've never used that Chex Mix recipe before. Oh, I hope I can keep my hands off it so we have some to take to the Cub Scout party this weekend. Peanut butter and chocolate....oh my! Yummy!!


I thought I'd show you all this card I made awhile back. I made a bunch of these to use as thank yous for a ladies Christmas brunch I help with each year. There is usually a theme and this time it was icicles. I searched for ways to incorporate that on my cards and low and behold I found a tutorial for faux icicles. Have any of you seen this? It's super easy.
All you need are: Crystal Effects, Diamond Dust (both Stampin Up products) and wax paper.
Step 1: Draw icicle on wax paper with Crystal Effects.
Step 2: Sprinkle with Diamond Dust
Step 3: Once dry, peal and use on craft project. You can even cut to desired size.
Pretty cool huh? 
Well, I think I just heard the timer go off. Time to stir the Chex Mix.
Hope you all have a day filled with (Christ)mas joy!
God Bless!
J@


3 comments:

Chris said...

WOW this is gorgeous!! love those icicles~i must try them!! i just bought my stuff for baking today...i wonder how much will end up on my hips this year...lol

Susan Farrell-Jones said...

Oh I can't decide is I am more excited by the Chex mix idea or the icicles!!! Awesome!

Amy said...

Beautiful card! I love all the texture and the NT Christmas colors. And your icicles are to die for--they look so real!