Thursday, November 8, 2012

All Smiles~ Family Photo Shoot

Our kids are nine and seven....we have never had a family portrait done. It seems in the past that the focus has always been on getting updated photos of the kids. Or the effort to get the whole family on board was more work then I wanted. Or the cost was beyond what we wanted to spend. Or my jean size wasn't were I wanted it to be. Any of this sound familiar?
 
Well, despite my jean size and the protests of my family we finally did it!
 I can't say that everyone was on board for this one but they all did it because Mama said so=)! ...and watching me stomp my feet and throw myself on the floor in a tantrum isn't pretty...lol.
The day of the photo shoot I thought Abe was going to blow a gasget when he found out the session would last at least 30 minute. You would have thought that I said hours....but he came through with some cute smiles.
Frank was less then trilled about the whole process. Not that he didn't want to have a family photo but he hates having his picture taken. However he did a great job! Thank you honey!
Abbey was probably the only one as excited as I was. Her excitement was more about the outfit she got to wear..."Mom, these are jeans that college girls wear."...oh, boy are we in trouble.
 
We were able to take advantage of the talent of Luther Photography. I am thrilled with the collection of photos Melissa Luther created for us. Thank you!
I know this post is already photo heavy but I have one more...this is a project I created using some of these beautiful photos. It is a birthday gift for my grandma. She turns 100 on Monday!
 
Thank you for poppin' in and sharing this moment with me.
May your day be filled with joy and thanksgivng for all the blessings God has given!
 
J@



4 comments:

Amy said...

Beautiful pix Jen! I so need to do this too.

Anonymous said...

Jen these are so great! And I really like the one of you n Frank! Miss you guys!
~Shannon

Chris said...

wow these are all amazing photos! we too need to do this....lol love your project for your grandma! have super weekend celebrating her birthday!

Sara Tieszen Paschal said...

These photos are Great Jen, your family is so darn cute;) I love the shadow box you made as well.