Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Hey Babycakes! It's Snowing!


Today we had our first snow slush of the year. Abraham was determined to enjoy it to the fullest. There was just enough snow to make a mini-man and a barrel full of slush balls to ambush Daddy when he gets home.
While the kids were enjoying the slush I did a little baking. I made my first attempt at cake pops. The nifty Babycakes Cake Pap Maker made creating the little cake balls a breeze.
The learning curve came in when the dipping and decorating started. This time around I kept it simple with a coat of milk chocolate. Then I drizzled some Wilton eggnog flavored melts over them.

There were a few that looked like I was drinking a little too much eggnog...lol...but as you can see I got a better.
Just a few tips for the beginner like me. Make sure your melts aren't too melty (it that a word?...well it is in my world). Also, take it slow and enjoy the process. I always rush through the decorating and expect fabulous finished product. 
I have yet to try these with the kids but I will definitely take out my Babycakes again!

Hope you all are cozy up in your favorite spot...enjoying your day!
God Bless!
J@

4 comments:

Amy said...

So cute, and they sound delish!

Chris said...

they look fabulous!! i'm sure they were yummy! i have yet to try these...lol

Sara Tieszen Paschal said...

They look so very yummy to me. Hopefully Frank will enjoy the slush balls;) and such a darling little mini snowman.

Susan Farrell-Jones said...

Fabulous! And it is SOOOOO not fair that YOU got snow and I'm only 30 minutes away and didn't get ANY! Next time, I'm coming over just to enjoy the snow. :)
And maybe a cake pop. :)